General information and suggestions on what to wear and do, according to the season.
Days are pleasantly warm, but temperatures may fall a bit at night.
- Medium-weight and summer apparel: Light woollies or long sleeved cotton for the evenings.
- Excellent season for those who prefer to enjoy nature, as the countryside is green and flowers are in blossom.
Warmest months of summer
- Very light weight summer clothing.
- Ideal for swimming and all beach/water activities.
Warm days, cool October evenings.
- Light weight apparel for the day and medium-weight for the evenings in October.
- Swimming and water-sports are still at their best.
Pleasantly warm days
- Medium-weight apparel. Light Woollies.
- Ideal weather for autumn travel. Lunches in the open-air still a delight. Sunbathing and even swimming can still be enjoyed, as well as most outdoor sports.
Winter time for Cypriots...autumn for our foreign visitors! It may rain occasionally yet the promise of glorious sunshine is still there.
- Winter clothing-not heavy coats though!
- Outdoor activities and excursions can be enjoyed.
The possibility of exceptionally warm days. Almond trees in bloom, occasional rain, and mild day time temperatures are the harbingers of spring. It can be quite cold however in the evenings.
- Winter apparel.
- Conditions are ideal for snow skiing on Troodos mountains;
Moderating weather with nature at its best.
- Winter apparel with medium-weight wear.
- Most outdoor activities can be enjoyed, and March is an excellent period for long country walks.